The Complete College Georgia Advising Academy is the first of a series of discussions with faculty and staff focusing on the connection of large-scale initiatives across the system to promote student success in the first academic year. The theme of the conference series is Momentum Year--a starting point that helps students find their path, get on that path, and build velocity in the direction of their goals as they begin their college career. These first-year elements include:
- Helping students make a "purposeful choice" when selecting a program of study
- Assisting students in developing an "academic mindset" that promotes academic success
- Clearly sequenced pathways that include:
- A total of 30 credit hours
- Nine credit hours in their focus area
- Core English and math courses
Advisors, enrollment managers, and student success specialists play a pivotal role in helping students accomplish these four Momentum Year elements. During the conference, advising teams from across the system will work together to develop institutional plans for addressing these Momentum Year elements and outline the role of advising in providing them to each incoming freshman.